Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Beauty of Love In Life


I feel happy; free
Free of anxiety
I feel like I can touch the sky
Be up where the birds fly up so high
Hear them squawking amongst each other
Trying to figure out whose arguing and whose the lover

Smiling; laughing away
Smiling like a fool until your face turns red
Laughing until your belly aches and you're all over the floor in turns and sways
The happiness I am filled with now
Shoots me off of the ground

'I wonder what love is really all about?
Is it really worth all the self doubt?
I wonder if the time is right
For me to be
Feeling like this?
I wonder if love is just like Heaven?
Where all you see are Angels?
And all you're ever filled with is happiness
Where you get to see the one you love
Be truly up there for the rest of your life
And live it to the beauty that it is
And there is not one moment you want to miss

I wonder what love is really all about?
Is it the flowers?
Is it the rain?
Is it the happiness that you are in self gain?
Is it the wonder to look into their eyes
Where every moment is a true surprise
And all you wish to see is the beauty within the smile

I wonder what love truly is?
The hold on my heart, the chains I want to dismiss
For the beauty of life, ever to be
Is the wonder
The presence of your existence
That it precedes'

3 comments:

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I gather that you liked the poem?

;o)

Anonymous said...

a poem that makes its reader smile would sure be a poem that the reader liked 9a7? ;)

i smiled because i didn't know what else to say..sometimes you read a piece or see something and its so .. real .. so .. nice it would just make you look at it with admiration and you'd have this smile on your face.. dats all..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

DoTs...:

I suppose so. :o)