Wednesday, March 30, 2005

SQU Job Fair 2005

I went over to the job fair at the Sultan Qaboos University for the first time today and I found it quite interesting actually. I was always told to go there in the past years but never managed to motivate myself enough to push me to the edge and get behind the wheel to go over there.

There were companies like PDO; Nawras; Oman Mobile; OmanTel; Oman Cables Company; Schlumberg; Oxydental; and the list just goes on. Two whole floors dedicated to companies to show that they are willing to offer job opporutunities to those who seek and not only from SQU but from any other higher education institute in Oman or otherwise.

Only I wish they would have done it some place closer like the Oman International Exhibition Centre instead of having to go all the way to SQU which is all the way to the Rusayl industrial area (about 40 minutes if you're moving from Madinat Sultan Qaboos). Refreshments were for free - thank God! I thought I was gonna die after walking the distance between the place I had to park my car and the venue which was exhibition audotorium. If you're ever thinking of going for the next one (which would be next year; 2006), then you might think of having to photocopy your CV before going there so you can hand them out at blank point, something I forgot to do, but nonetheless, many of the organizations over there having online application forms, so if you do you needn't worry about it.

I managed to talk to almost everyone there. Met a few people who were working with them. And a had a good time with my family while I was at it.

Here's to next year.

0 comments: