Monday, March 21, 2005

Back by popular demand

A lot of people have been asking me when I was gonna start posting again on this blog - actually, maybe just 1 or 2 - and I was like well it's not exactly your daily diary like some people you could find on www.omanforum.com .

He he he he - no prizes for guessing who. ;o)

Muscati, has been somewhat informative in getting me back to the 'groove'. You can find him writing his own blog along with his wife OceanDream (hope I got that right, please excuse me since it's been a long time since I posted this nick!) here: http://muscati.blogspot.com . Theirs is more like a daily mental diary so you might find it quite amusing as well as rather interesting.

Thanks to Muscati for allowing me to post their blog online here on my blog..

Right, since that's out of the way, lets get back to moi! he he

Interviews have been flying in like bees (or if you live in Oman; like mosquitoes) in the last two weeks I have been asked to come in for more than 6 interviews, one of which looks promising enough, respectable and of a good environment; another not to promising, more like the attitude 'ok - next!' and I have another one to go on for tomorrow. So my uneventful life has become more eventful - career wise.

Next in line in my good news agenda is the fact that I have found the one. Yes, people. She is the ONE. Yes, yes, yes, Muscati - you were right. ha ha ha. And no details are being handed out as of yet until further notice. So until then you can have all the suspence you want and as much as your nerves can handle. But if you crash, I bare no responsibility. ha ha ha.

I am also trying to filter out what one might call 'the truth of life'. That is no doubt something that will stick to me for quite a long time but I feel that its not as depressing as it used to be because you have someone to share it with now. And this person is showing you the right way to deal with it.

I have had great support of the past period from friends; online and in reality about life's practices and I greatly thank those in people who I guess would rather prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you..

On the other hand, my book issue hasn't budged because its taking a long time to get my review back, apparently; I have been told that it is really good and the person who has read it has done so more than 3 or 4 times. Wow.

Everyone in Oman knows about this now; Nawras Telecom has finally launched it's services as a mobile communications company to 'compete' with Oman Mobile. And to be fare, my hopes are on Nawras to kick Oman Mobile's butt. If I go any further on this topic I could be injailed for talking about politics. Conspiracy? What Conspiracy?

For all you people who download music files (i.e.: mp3s) on the 'net; have you all noticed that the number of sites offering such a service is going down rapidly? What a bummer. Sure, you can talk all the time until doomsday about the copyrights act and such. But c'mon people and especially those music record morons: 8 Rials for an audio CD? I can make an audio CD at an 1/8th of that price and with enhanced mixes, too. Jeez...When the WTO was talking about opening up to the vast globalization plan in developing countries, I didn't realize that they actually meant 'Dog eats dog' competition.

God save the Dairy Queen; Pizza Hut and Coca Cola - eh?

5 comments:

muscati said...

dude... happy to hear you found someone. nice to have you back blogging. I was one step away from removing you from my bookmarks, got tired of checking every day for a month and finding no new addition.

And 8 rials per CD?? Where in the world do you buy your music. I just bought two CDs from the shop right next to your favorite Starbucks yesterday and it was 10 rials for the both of them.

What's your taste in music?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

muscati: I don't have any particular taste in music, anything that sounds good to my ears is A.OK. with me..

Plus there are some CDs which you do buy for R.O. 8 each - apparently because they get brought in directly from the US or the UK and I buy from where-ever they are sold including the shop you buy from..

By the way; I am looking for comission for getting you extra traffic ;o) ;oP

Anonymous said...

Guys can you give me a good website to download music, the kids want a mass selection of stuff so it would cost a fortune to buy all the individual CD's.

I have been using Ares but it is a massive cookie site!

Thanx

Love both of your blogs by the way. Keep them rolling.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

well you can download Kazaa and search through the P2P program for almost anything and download it through there because as far as i know all the english mp3 sites have been shut down due to the legal battle between them and record companies or because they lack massively in maintaining the site...

sorry

Sleepless In Muscat said...

ps: by the way, there's only one person who owns these two sites apart from the provider and that's me..