Sunday, September 19, 2004

Life in a box

So here I am listening to music whilst typing out things that most people would not come to comprehend as an important thing to write about in their lives.

I was at the hospital and was feeling quite sick when I was on my way there and as got there no sooner had I settled down (I was over for a check-up test). That's not what this is about though. No. I was there and as I sat down for my turn to be called in. This man came into the waiting area - and what a waiting area, wow. Ha ha. And he politely asked me about my reason being there and he also introduced his porblem and not his name. I was overly tired at the moment but felt it only polite to reflect the gesture and continue with the conversation at hand. This man had a problem because he quit smoking after a year's bad habit on going's. I admired his courage to move on and make his lifestyle more healthy especially as he looked about as old my own father. Maybe more maybe less. And he asked me whether or not I smoke. I denied the bad habit.

It came to his turn to go into the test area. He came out after maybe some 2 or 3 minutes. I had felt better by then because now my symptoms were residing slowly. He wished me good luck as did I and we parted at that moment.

I sat there thinking, y'know. God must have sent some weird Angel to do his bidding because I felt better now that I wasn't thinking about me and what I had in terms of a sickness. And I remembered also that there's a possibility that I could be admitted anytime soon for follow up treatment and I said to myself "that's what I should do; think happy thoughts and I'll be up in no time".

Wow. Y'know?

Its like God meant for me to feel akward this morning and to go to the hospital in that state so I could bump into this person and learn such a lesson. "Angels do walk the plains of Earth. Yet our eyes are not so blunt into identifying them". I was meant to walk into that nice man. As I am meant to have this sickness for my life - possibly - to learn a lesson from handling things in a certain way. Like I am meant to finally find a person that will one day make a difference in my emotional lifestyle - hopefully.

Some lesson - huh?

0 comments: