Saturday, September 25, 2004

Mirror, mirror, on the wall

Have you tried looking at yourself in the mirror lately?

I have.

Its been 26 years since I was born. And boy am I OLD.

But that's not the issue here.

The real issue here is: what have I got to show for it?

Do I have a job? Do I have a good health? Am I married or do I have a girlfriend or fiance?

The answer to those three questions is: no. But someone with more optimisim in their heart and soul would counter with: Have I tried applying for a job? At least I am better off in my health situation than others in the world who are far sicker than I am. And others would say: at least you're not gay.

Seriously.

Well, yes, I HAVE tried applying for jobs far more than I can count for and yes I have looked into them again, yet no one wants me. Jobs and job employers are looking for more professional people these days and they don't want someone who doesn't know what they want from their life practically and in the long-term.

Health? Yes, yes, yes; I have heard that excuse over and over again. But have you been in MY SHOES? I don't think so. You don't know what its like to fall sick and not be able to control it or cure and have it affect your employment and you professional & personal life. No. You haven't been there. Well, I have and I have had it for more than 7 years now and seriously reconsidering life as a 'gift'. A gift to be given back.

And the fact that I don't have a job or a good healthy background - literally - is what's backing me up to have a chance, a serious chance, to get the girl of my life. And if I ever found the woman of my life, what good would it do for me? You look at it this way: if you were the parents of a young beautiful daughter and you had some guy come up to you say that he wants her hand in marriage - what would your reaction be? It would most probably be: well, son, what do you work? Because you would be worried about if you gave your daughter to this man how would he finance their new life?

That's just me.

A depressed old bugger.

That's funny. Blog. Bugger.

Anyway..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

life is indeed a gift to be cherished, surely i can't truly understand how u feel

but this i am sure of, u r one tough guy, u shuld b proud of ur self 4 dealing with ur issues in such a beautiful manner, 4 u have turned each ache of ur heart into a pretty poem, although they r filled of ur pain and tears , but they really touch our hearts in an inspiring way, remember the happiest of all r those who make the most of what comes along thier way, even if it seems so little. wish u all the best & may all of ur dreams come true, amen.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

vintage: i couldn't agree with you more...

living does make you learn the most easiest, simplest yet at the same time most hardest rules of life...

but why do you feel that you have not reached that point in your life where you can be satisfied with yourself, if you don't mind me asking that is..?