Sunday, February 13, 2005

The turning stone of life

So after I wrote the last post on this blog site, I recieved an email (which in case you never knew is amehdi@omantel.net.om or rapidlyblue@hotmail.com) and another comment was posted about it regarding the issue that was discussed.

I have to say I was quite interested in the comments that came in from the twwo parties. I would rather not name them but leave them at their liberty to do so at their own pace.

But both comments were firing at the same target. Stop feeling down and depressed and get off your lazy butt. That pretty much sums it up. One way or another. You could say it hit the core.

So today I did just that. I changed my 'routine' a bit. I went around to send in a few CVs to a few companies that were listed previously in my PC and took them with me to send them off on my way to do a simple morning chore.

I got back home and I found an envelope from the mail addressed to me from Mayo Clinic, USA (http://www.mayoclinic.com/) and read a two page article about this woman who had gone through a very difficult time for a very long time and in the end required her to have a double lung transplant. And all throughout reading the article I thought I could relate to this woman because somehow I had suffered in my past years, too. But, now, as you can clearly see, we both now lead very healthy and normal lifestyles to some extent. I still have to take my pills but now do without the blood transfusions and she has gone down from taking breathing medications and such to only 43 pills a day (granted it's still a lot, but it's still an improvement in her case).

She said she missed the simplest things like playing with her dogs, challenging her husband at bowling and just enjoying the simple pleasures of life. That's what I had missed too. Even though I am told to be careful because of the operation that I had done, I am now in a much better state than I ever was before. And I have the readings to prove it! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I try not to think of depressing things, but in the end - I am merely human.

Aren't we all?

0 comments: