Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Leaving my Job?

So now I have this 9-5 regular job..

I barely get half an hour's break..

and I work 6 days of the week sometimes all of them

and I am still underpayed....and I am not keeping that number a secret - 400 with allowances without deduction to Ministry of Social Services which is now at 5% and then in 2 months time increases to 6.5%.

How does the government expect anyone to stay in their place if there's an increase in the in-take from their salary? This is ridicilous!

So what do you all think I should do? Stay? Leave? Or what?

I pray that your words of wisdom would shower upon my head..

1 comments:

muscati said...

Ali, average pay for graduates has come down a lot in the past 5 years. 10 years ago a college graduate would refuse any job that pays less than 500 or 600. Nowadays, most companies say "350, take it or leave it".

I wouldn't leave a job just because of the pay. It's better than no pay at all, isn't it? I say if the job has growth potential then stay in it and learn as much as you can. Work hard and God willing, you will get promoted and your pay will increase. If not, then you can at least gain the experience, make some connections and eventually leverage it all for a better paying job somewhere else. The opportunity cost of being at home doing nothing is way too high.

400 isn't a lot, but it's not chickenfeed either. It sure buys a lot of Frappuccinos at Starbucks with plenty of change to spare for DVDs, CDs, books, meals out and even a bit of savings.

It's up to you how much or how little you make of it.