Wednesday, April 09, 2008

the worst exhibition - ever


I went to visit the GHEDEX exhibition today (Wednesday) to have a look around of what kind of opportunities were in offer, and I have to tell you folks; it was the pits.

I mean, there was barely any representation from any Omani colleges apart from the known ones but what about the institutes? Aren't they part of the solution too to the ever increasing number of annual high school graduates?

Along with that the part inclusion of JOBEX alongside this exhibition was the worst that I have ever seen in my entire educational lifetime. You had one bank which was OIB. Nobody from any of the other banks were there to present offers to students who wanted to join their organization nor was there an adequate representation of any Omani company for that matter.

All in all I counted about maybe some 8 or 10 companies in total who were offering job opportunities.

Is this what it has come to?

This exhibition was on display at the Oman International Exhibition Centre from the 7th to the 9th of April, 2008.

Thank God the embarrassment is over.

0 comments: