Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Omani Literature Society

I have a great idea to set up an Omani Literature Society one that would dedicate it's work on poets and writers who live and/or are citizens in the Sultanate of Oman.

It would allow the poets and writers of Oman to have a more broader audience in parellel to the famous saying 'in together ...we have power'. Or so it is meant to be understood - please don't quote me. he he he

I think it's an original idea that no one has thought of before (unless someone has beaten me to it) and it solves so many problems in terms of opening up horizons for helping poets and writers alike to popularize their literature's work in Oman and if possible, in the GCC.

It's still an idea, therfore the idea's still in the blueprint stage.

But if you're a writer or a poet and you find this idea of interest, please send me an email on: pennedthoughts@gmail.com and if you happen to know anyone who would be interested to pursue such an activity please pass on the message. The more people I get interested into the idea, the more the idea will have of a positive impact with the authorities - or at least, I am hoping it will, inshallah.

Hope to hear from you soon.

2 comments:

Kay said...

That’s not a bad idea. Its a first step to something. I’ve always inspired to be a writer of some sort but I lack the discipline and patience. i have a few stuff written down, but its mostly things I haven’t shared with anyone, they just seem too private. No, they aren’t journal entries.

I’m in I suppose but with the busy schedule I have coming up with graduation I cant count on how well of a contributor I may be.

Good luck

Sleepless In Muscat said...

that's wonderful news WickeD..lol I mean; Kay (as you asked to be called by that name on your blog)..

but all this is just a start I still have to gather up more people who are interested..

how about passing the word around?