Thursday, January 05, 2006

Patience is a virtue

"Put your hands over a hot stove for a minute and you'll feel as if an hour has gone by. Sit down with a pretty girl for an hour and you will feel as if only a minute has passed. That's relativety." Albert Einshtein

Somehow, I can only agree with the above statement because there have been so many times whereby I feel that times flies by without us feeling it when we are having such a good time and vice versa.

And it this that's got me thinking. I am now 28 years old. Almost. And I have yet to accomplish things in my life and such a big future awaiting me because of the opportunities that lie ahead of me.

But all this gets me cocooned also. Because I am, what you can call, careerly 'out of shape' because of so many circumstances. And I guess I have been through so many tests in my life such as my health and trying to find the right woman in my life that it's still not over yet.

It's high time that I did something about all this before I grow really old and look back on upon my youth as a wasted opportunity.

In the middle of all this, I have been nominated to the British Council as a potential candidate to represent Oman at the International Young Publisher of the Year (I.Y.P.I.) 2006. If I am successful at this, I will be sent to London by March, 2006, to further work on this project to talk about the publishing industry in the Sultanate of Oman and what obstacles and opportunities there are to look into as a local publisher.

It's something challenging, and whether or not I get selected for the role is irrelevant. I am going to be doing something. Which is better than what I am doing now apart from my book publishments, articles in theweek, and blogging through Sleepless In Muscat and Rapidly Blue.

Not to mention, I have decided to take a more serious approach into looking for a job. And as God is my guide, I know the road will be long from hereon and quite a challenging one, too, but I am almost certain that my patience will not go unawarded, inshallah..

0 comments: