Friday, January 27, 2006

Plain Wreckless

Yesterday I almost had an accident because someone thought he owned the roads his 4x4 was rolling over on whilst he cut me without an indicator and with such wrecklessness that not an even a plea to stop by on the highway and reason with him over his behavior.

Knowingly so, he waved off the incident as if it wasn't his fault and sped off over 140 kmph where the speed limit was 120 and this was just after leaving a turning at a large roundabout at Seeb International Airport onwards to the City Centre.

Obviously, my blood was boiling the whole day from that moment on because I wanted to do something about but didn't know what to do. Family said to leave it at that and to thank God that nothing had happened. But my question is this: what if something HAD happened to me and I wasn't able to make it to the centre to see my family for a nice gathering and lunch? What if something had happened to me and no one knew about it? Whose fault is it by then?

I met my friend later on at my hang out spot and told him about the incident asking him what was the number to call about such disturbances on the road and highways. It was the same you called for emergencies. 9999.

So I called it in. And made sure they knew the license plate number and what the 'gentleman' did and how his was behavior was that of idolistic nature.

The police officer behind the phone on the other end said they would send an APB (All Points Bulletin) to all the police cars for that number plate and have him pulled over to be given a few tickets for wreckless driving & overspeeding.

Next time someone like that pisses you off on the highway, don't get mad - get even. Call 9999.

I did..

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
»