Saturday, November 11, 2006

don't say I didn't tell you so

It's been finally announced.

And don't say I hadn't said so..

An article was printed very recently in the Arabic version of theweek in Oman called elesbou3 with an intriguing headline of which stated that the UAE is the worst country in the world to conserve environment.

It regarded this nomination to the fact that between the year period of 1996 to current date of the upscale movement of the real estate industry and its thirsty & hungry developers through development of waterfronts and industrialization to fund the projects.

A reason which I had shed the light on very much earlier on this blog.

Didn't I say I told you so?

7 comments:

DoTs... said...

would love to read the whole article if its by anychance available online is it? : )

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I'm afraid this gazette isn't published online..

I apologize :o)

DoTs... said...

its okay.. i thought so too cause i couldnt find it when i googled it..!! This issue is becoming an "issue" fa i wanted to read it from a different prespective "probably" !

thanks

DoTs... said...

gulf pearl.. you said it.. you want to scream and stamp your feet but whats gonna happen!!!


nothing !


so just keep a smile on your face.. read and observe the reactions ! and if you feel like slapping 7ad.. then make sure you slap them 3ani w 3anch ;)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

ok

hmmm

Gulf_Pearl:

I hear you.. but we as individuals have no way of expressing our opinions and our heartfelt desires to the authorities and people responsible except our written dissapproval of such important issues in our generation and generations to come..

DoTs...:

if you know who should be slapped for doing such atrocities to our natural habitat.. please let me know. I would gladly take a wack at it.

Jassim said...

why didnt u publish this on Secret Arabian 1?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Jassim:

I didn't publish it on Secret Arabian Journal for a number of reasons. One of them is that it could result in closing the blog down due to pressure from Etisalat - I don't want to be a part of that. And secondly, because the post this one refers to wasn't published on Secret Arabian, so it wouldn't make sense.

That's why