Thursday, November 23, 2006

the venture of a lifetime

Do you ever bother to ask yourself if anyone actually reads your blog?

Do you?

I used to and I still do - but for two entirely different reasons.

The past reason was because I was so obsessed with getting comments so I can tell if people do appreciate my articles/posts that are published on the blog. But now I let that one go to another fully different reason; to wake up the sleepy heads who think that life is just what they see and make them see it for what it is.

There are many people who would go and categorize me as an idealistic. I see no wrong in that. If at all, I see it as a target to set my own goal towards to and if I don't reach it, sure, I will be dissapointed. But, then again, I will be happy with what I have too because it got me to where I should be.

And that's here.

Coming more to the point, here, it's always been my aim to be a successful and very well known poet/writer. But now, 2nd best isn't good enough for me. I want to be the best. The best at what I almost perfect at.

It's not good enough for me to be a well known writer amongst my friends or family or relatives. Its not good enough for me to be a well known writer over a particular region/country such as Oman. I'm aiming for the top, baby. I want to be the best writer the world will ever know.

And it's ok to dream. Because that's what they are. But if it's in my capability to turn that dream into a reality through relentless pursuit of writing, reading, taking courses to be better at the profession that in time will choose me and not the other way around.

Then, so be it.

I believe I can do more with my skill of writing.

I believe I can communicate with people through my articles with selective words that are so simple yet so complex in both meaning and manner, respectively.

I believe, that one day, my dream would come true.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When i check hits on Muscati blog i become depressed.
I write cause I like so I should not be interested in comments or readers, but in the end as you say [at least for me] I would like to wake up people here even if I have no right as am not Omani but I really love this country.
So every now and then I say, no now khalas I quit, but then I go on and I dnt know why.

Anonymous said...

For a professional writer is something different : everybody wants to be at the top, who says is doing things just for the glory, that is just big liar.

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

Wish you the best on your dream. However, a dream is more of a thought, a desire! From reading your blog, I would call it a goal, since you have started to work towards it. One step at a time!
Finally, Im a daily reader, but dont comment as often.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Balqis: as to your tendency to go on or quit, the question to ask here isn't why but rather why not.

why not go on?
why not ask daring questions?
why not initiate better topics?
so on and so forth.

however there are people who do it for fame, but i choose not to because i love to write and its in my blood. its a passion for me more than just a hobby.

per your request:

thanks for your well wishes. i hope for you the very same. and thanks for being such an avid reader of my blog, i really appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

Because sometimes is like am speaking with myself ?
Then what's the use of it ?

3anooda said...

Sleepless - Im an avid reader too. But sometimes I feel I dont have anything usefull or intellectual to say so I dont comment.PLUS u dont comment on mine. So there.

;P