Sunday, December 17, 2006

marriage? phooey!

Do me a favor and stop talking to me about getting married.

I don't need to get married; I don't want to get married and I couldn't care less about being involved with someone of the other sex or the same sex at all.

Just because I am next in line to be 'happily married' doesn't neccersirily mean that I have to get hitched. Does it, now?

From my experience, having to get involved with someone from the other sex is nothing but a great big headache. Seriously, I kid you not. All you ever get is how they did this that day and how they find that funny but when it comes to you and your problems it's just too much for them and if you complain about that to her - God forbid - then you're being insensitive. Especially if you're like me when you're angry and very sarcastic. With my fooling around with jokes you couldn't tell sometimes if I am being serious or funny. Which is a point to consider, yes. But, hey, doesn't everyone?

Seriously, who needs the headache?

I swear the next person to come up to me and say congratulations on being ' next in line' will get it so bad from me - and my friends all think that I am just saying this and that no matter what I say or do about it right now, it's somehow my 'destiny'.

Yeah, and Jack & Rose will rise up from the dead to make a sequel to the Titanic having Jack drifting off in sea on a broken ice capsule. Please.

The last time I believe in 'love at first sight' was when I saw Jessica Alba in her Dark Angel ill fated series.

If it was tied down to me and an Ant being the last two beings on Earth, I'd still not get married.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

This is SIM shouting 'i want to get marrrriiiieeeedddddd'

who are you kidding with all this 'marriage? me? hell no!'-talk!

Anonymous said...

huh liar
you getting old
get married
i want to be invited !!!
in two years am here i saw only one marriage

DoTs... said...

dorar.. (most of it though)

welcome to the club.. seriously.. i always tell them give me one good reason behind getting married.. and its worse when you are the WIFE believe me.. !!!!!!!

the destiny part.. well.. can't say much here..

in all cases, try to stick to your decision ;)

Nash said...

When the time is right, the place is right and the person is right it will just happen...

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Anonymous:

I would bet you my entire life that I would never ever get married. How about that?

Balqis:

I'm sorry to say; you're not being invited because there is no wedding.

DoTs...:

Inshallah, I will. Thanks.

Nash:

Hey buddy! Long time no see!

I can't agree to what you say bro. Sorry.

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Ahh the classic o2baalak and ibn halal!

Or in your case bint halal.

I once back in the day teased an old syrian woman and said "La wallah, b'faddil ibn haram"

lol she nearly choked!

'7alli walli, people are people.

'nilla said...

You do of course know that your blog name is sort of a takeoff of a movie about a lonely man looking to get married, right?

Merry Christmas from a US fan of your blog. Hope you and yours recover from the recent flooding.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

'Nilla:

Yes, I do know. But that was in the beginning.

But I would wonder if you were the anonymous who always used to sign in to my blog with a witty comment.

Speaking of blogs, howcome yours is empty even though you started your blog way before October, 2006? Hmm