Wednesday, December 20, 2006

there's no excuse for this (part 2)

Following yesterday's post I am posting here several pictures of what happened during and after the rains that recently happened in Muscat and several parts of the Sultanate to show what kind of dimwits are actually planning out our own streets and safety.

I think you will all agree with me that they all look horrifyingly wrong.





















Now, you tell me if I am being over-fussy over such a catastrophe?

I am demanding that the idiot who is planning our streets be relieved from his position to some other position where he can't create public problems.

I am pledging to His Majesty - The Sultan of Oman - Sultan Qaboos to do something about this whole incident. Please.

8 comments:

Sex and Dubai said...

WOW and OH MY GOD. I heard about the floods but didnt realise it was THIS bad. Clearly your call for "someone's" step down should be hearkened.

Having flashbacks of Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans...and we aren't nearly half as equipped to deal with disasters even on this smaller scale.

This is not good news.

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

That's terrible!

And I'm planning a trip to Oman. Min shoof.

Sleepless, you should join us over at www.globalthemes.blogspot.com and be our Omani photographer.

Then again you have one billion other blogs to keep up with but if you are interested that would be fab.

One Nine Seven One said...

Parts of the UAE were and still are flooded as well. But I've seen nothing on the scale as what is occuring in Oman. Amazing.

DoTs... said...

talk about crisis management planning..!!!


ayahya.. its true.. up until they decide to "drain" those roads or wait until the sun drains it all..!

its a matter of a DECISION !! someone has to make it.. and someone with AUTHORITY ! 9a7? :)

Anonymous said...

Qurum was the worst hit. I heard CCC suffered quite badly as well.

Anonymous said...

Very sad. Heard CCC was also badly hit by rains, and some shops are yet to re-open.

Anonymous said...

Sex & Dubai: yeah. you just had to be there to see it. it was just awful.

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira:

I'll consider the invitation, thanks. But don't let these pictures deter you from coming to my country. In fact, let me know when you're coming. Perhaps we can meet up and I could show you around Muscat.

A Yahya:

In my entire lifetime I have never seen the UAE ever being flooded. Thank God for that, I suppose.

DoTs...:

And if authority doesn't intervene in the right time, then people would just die.

Kishor Cariappa:

Yes it was. It was very badly damaged from top to bottom.

But why have you posted twice? Hmmm

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Sleepless, a little water doesn't stop me! :)