Monday, December 04, 2006

this'll drive you mad


So today's post is a mix. So just bare with me on the ideas that I throw at you and if you are offended you're better off just not reading it at all:

- I realize women in Oman are known to be the 'more sensitive' sex and that they should be treated accordingly to their soft nature that they can only take, but some of them - the ones that I have bumped into, at least - are really asking for it. If you're going to pass across a street, sure you need some time to look both way so as not to cause an accident. But the way these women are taking it real slow by crossing the road, you're just encouraging people like me to just ram you down. It's a pedestrian crossing dammit - not a long balcony. Same goes with women drivers. You have a huge 4x4 cutting off a tremendous traffic in a congested and populated area and you're taking your time. Get off the lane to the side and check where you are but don't drive at 5km/h.

- OmanTel. Yes, here I go again. Regardless about my past rants about this so-called 'company' and my opinion about it in the past, this isn't the case. This is about how 'efficient' these people are at returning my call for an application I made for the ADSL connection - 3 months ago. Yes. You read it right. I made it 3 months ago and they replied back by giving my number to several - actually, to be more specific 7 different companies - to install it for me quoting different prices and schemes and the what. My number means something to me. It's private. When I give it away to you to offer a service to me, you'd at least have the courtesy to ask me if I would like to be contacted by so and so for installing the service. Not to get called twice every freakin' day always being asked the same question and when I am through with that every single one of them has the same in-your-face question to ask: 'May I know who is installing for you?' It's absolutely none of your business. OmanTel, get your act together or otherwise you will have me breathing down your throat after the big mess up you did not so long ago.

- This last one's is made specifically for those American visitors who stop by my blog every now and then but don't bother to leave a comment (that's something you end up deciding on your own). My question is, how is it that you get to veto every single decision that the whole world agrees on that would have an impact on your economic principles? How is it that you can still blame the Germans for what the Nazis did when clearly they have nothing to do with what happened in the World Wars yet still end up paying the Jews of the world compensation? How is that you get off easily by ruining some nation's lives so easily like Iraq, Aghanistan, Vietnam and God knows what other nation there is in this globe that hasn't suffered under you army's hands yet the Japanese are not allowed their own army, the Chinese are called communists, and Israel can do whatever it pleases yet it was you who bombed Japan in World War II with two nuclear bombs and caused a massacre, when it was you who ended up losing the Vietnam War yet still went on with it and killed so many Vietnamese by the thousands if not millions. And yet, you are still called as a super power? How? How is it you can justify all that? I want an answer from an American for this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know your blog has improved 1000x times since I last visited about 6 months ago.

Thanks

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Anonymous:

Thank you for your appreciative comment.