Thursday, February 23, 2006

some good comes out of the bad

Although I have been unable to secure myself an employment position right now. I have been steadily trying to step up my progress to become somewhat of an writer/poet in the professional field.

This is seen through my blogs, my publications in theweek (good news coming soon about that, by the way), and now the UNICEF benefit.

I was asked to compose a short story that would roam around the song that was published earlier on this blog and in the process, I managed to come up with a few lyrics on my own for my version of the song, entitled I'm Innocent. Having showed it to the lyrics writer/singer; he got excited about it saying that he might consider making it into a song and releasing it within the CD single.

I now proudly present to you, my version of I'm Innocent.

------

I used to live with my Mom and Dad
I used to have toys that any child would wish he could ever have

I used to live under a house enough for a family
I used to think of nothing just as long as my Mom and Dad were near me

Now, I walk the streets all alone
Mom and Dad are no longer here; they're gone
I don't have a roof over my head, anymore
My toys are now the firewood that I use to keep the blaze of warmth going on

I need food
I need love
I need help

Help me

I'm innocent

-----

Bare in mind that the song/lyrics will undergo massive work for musical arrangement and musical compilation.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Long gone are the days when I thought I'm loved, happy and safe because I have a dollar and a mom.

Your lyrics reminded me of this. :)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

ahhh...MJ..

you don't know the half of it..

btw...I like your blog...especially your business class entry ;oP