Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The wierdest thing happened to me the other day..

- I was going to a pharmacy to get this ointment for my eyes. So I ask for some eye drops. The guy's like, ok. What for? :os ??? For my eyes..

- I have never known another society that is so hospitable and sensible in their driving; Omanis actually stop for other people to cross the road (which explains the many accidents that happen to pedestrians inside their own alleys); they stop for animals to cross the road (notice any dead cats on the road?); and finally - my favorite - they stop for fireworks in Muscat's sky to stop lighting up like temporary chandeliers on a public highway and in the middle of the road. I'm stopping here, damnit! Can't you see there are fireworks crossing?

- Then there's the occasional slowdown on the highway that is of two sources, either a) the police have blocked passage to a certain road because VIPs are using the roads that they helped build with their bare hands; or b) some shmuck has had an accident on the other side of the road and the entire Sultanate of Oman wants to know how it happened and if they assist. Phoowee.

-------

I love my country to death. To death, you hear?

2 comments:

Sleepless In Muscat said...

mimi: i just believe that they don't have enough excitement in their own lives so they decide to create it ..

if i was a policeman, i would have ticketed every single car ..

and keep all the money to myself ;oP *nasty*

Sleepless In Muscat said...

lol..

don't we all..

but you shouldn't be cursing the poor people who had the accident. if anyone needs to be cursed at, it should be the people who are slowing down to see what's going on..

dumb morons! ;oP