Saturday, February 11, 2006

Time's Portrait

For those of you who haven't had the chance to grab a copy of SQU's Horizon newsletter, I am posting the story that was used in it for your convenience..
-------------

I just thought I should tell you how I feel. Time is no longer a moment but a place, in our hearts, we conceal.

He looks upon her body with no wounds. She lays there. Breathless. It is the silence that looms.

She lay there in a corner with her head titled down. She lay there without a sound. Tears to the eyes. Astonishment not surprise. Such a beauty for one soul to hide. A depth of pride to recover. Passion: the revolver. Until this day, he will never know another.

Kneeling down as if to pray. Kneeling down to her face. Kneeling and reaching out to her delight. The face he was blessed every morning, noon and night. The split second moment of happiness. Moments shared within couple's hearts and trust. The love; undeniable – the luck.

A moment of anger from within. Reaching out from his brain through his face in his arm to begin.

Shadow of doubt, of fear, of pain
Light of anger, of craze, of shame

Hold the sword down until the truth is known
Hold the fight now to the bare bone

Fire will be fire
The dance in the end will retire

Catch the culprit
Throw them into the flames
Fight fire with fire
Desire is bliss, not an eternal pain

A broken window nearby. Smash the glass in an attempt to forget the past. Blood on the hand. Feelings slowly fade away. Yet, do you understand?

Founded religion of anger and pain
Of anger is fed
And desire is built from scratch
And in the end; nothing is in gain

"First you"
"Now they hurt me"
"I will get them"
"You will see…"

--------

Time's elusive portrait
Pinned to the cement floor
Where ends meet
Where the soul meets its creator

"I seem to see you everywhere"
"In my dreams"
"The places I go to see"
"Even when I stare away"

"Are you real?"
"Or are you a dream?"
"Are we meant for a fling?"
"Or is it our destiny?"

They saw each other thought the hot and cold. The warm atmosphere of his hotel. The cold of the streets she crept.
There was a fire. There was a flame. A sigh reduced to hot air. The breath they took evaporates, each, into a cold cloud that goes away.

I saw you
Through the window glass
I wanted to say something to you
But thought that you would just smirk and laugh

Your sight was the one I was looking for
The keys, you hold in your hand, to my door
Life is pitiful without you and sore
Rescue me from my plundering, won’t you? I have nowhere else to go

I feel you as you feel me
I feel your desire to be with me
But I am in too deep
Far too deep for you to rescue me

I have mastered the elements that life has to give
And if I have to keep going on like this

Then I might as well die
Then live this sorry excuse for a life

The lie I live
The passive sense of wonder not bliss
Descent from legend to myth
Beneath the prowling claws of the world


Where one wonders why the live in the first place
Delivered to this earth to feel grace
Or just punishment for what you have done in a past life with such disgrace

Suddenly a quick exit by the girl. Flee the scene before you are seen. Cheating and disgracing your kind is often a sickness that can always be easily achieved. Run. Run as fast as you can. Run faster than the wind. Run quicker till you run out of breath. Keep going on. Keep pushing on. Keep going further. Into the alleys. Into unknown streets.

In an old abandoned house. Up the stairway. Into a corner now. Taking out the container hidden in her pocket.

A handful of pills in the hand. One last look of where this world stands. Remembrance is notstalgic. She feels nausy.

One last look at this world
I see
One last look at the pity that I had to be found with
Goodbye, nightmare of my dreams

0 comments: