Sunday, August 12, 2007

Al Araimi Complex partially open

I don't know if any of you know this, but I am going to publish this anyhow. The Al Araimi Complex has started operating back with it's ground and upper floors after the Gonu incident had hit the Sultanate of Oman.

It is - however - unknown, when they restarted their operations but it seems for quite some time as the underground level is fully covered and inaccessible to any visitors of the complex. Sources have said that it could take some 2 months to get it back into full swing.

One thing you do notice once you enter the commercial building is that the air-conditioners are not working in full capacity for some reason. Perhaps this is one of the after-effects of the flood that had hit the complex (refer: shocking Al Araimi footage - Gonu Relief Blog).

Everything else in the mall looks fine side from the fact that most of the shops are closed down for some reason even in the upper floor.

It seems the management of the commercial complex are planning to reopen it in style as I had also noticed that there are two new shops inside; Splash and Baskin Robbins both on the upper and ground floor, respectively. Whilst some other shops on the ground floor have closed down and moved out although their trademark logo can still be seen on the top before you enter into it.

So, I guess it's a wait and see game from hereon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been there last week to check out the place, it has iproved but it's still in a messy state. Sadly.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Yes it is.

I wonder how they will cope, though, when it comes to peak sales season?

Hmmm...

Amjad said...

What about Al-Harthi Complex?

One of the shops in Al-Harthi closed down and opened elsewhere. When I asked the owner of the shop why did they leave Al-Harthi he told me that Al-Harthi will probably be renovated or expanded sometime soon and that they chose to leave early because it would be better then. I'm not sure how accurate is that information though - the expansion/renovation of Al-Harthi complex.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Amjad:

I never knew Al Harthy Complex was shutdown. But I have heard about the complex being torn down, being sold off to some other group and rebuilt from scratch.

I'll try to find out some more about that.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

K.A.W.:

if Baskin Robbins was really open, then why is it they have taken down the paper that is pasted onto the windows when they install new glass?

Plus there are no BR products inside, too.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

K.A.W:

How about you talk some sensible English and stop calling me 'boss'. I'm an Omani and a proud one, too.

Secondly, how in the 1st place would you know about Baskin Robbins being flooded or not?

If you check the videos that are referred to in this post, you'll see that only the underground floor was flooded. Nothing else on the ground floor was damaged except the automatic welcome doors.

Do some research, my friend.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

K.A.W:

Totally immature answer, trying to provoke me but you know what? Play your childish games.

I was there AFTER everything happened. And if it is as you say then howcome the shops from one side are all ok?

Kindly refrain from coming back here. From my perspective, if you don't like what you see - you don't have to see it.

In other words, go and bug someone else.