Sunday, August 12, 2007

Freedom Writers


First off, I would like to thank Meticulousness for providing the torrent file for this movie on his new blog by the name of The Movie Theater. Some of the movies that I found there are of excellent quality and I had missed out on them so finding them was an opportunity not to be missed.

Back to this post, now.

Freedom Writers is a movie about a new teacher who wants to fulfill her obligations beyond what is the calling towards a group of students who, although always being put in detention and punishment for doing the worst deeds anyone could ever come up with, they still have the potential to be someone better no matter what anyone can say or do to stop them.

Along the way, she loses her marriage, someone gets shot at, others want to give up.

Now, there's a point that I would stop at here in the movie: it shows the suffering of the Holocaust victims back in World War II when there was a genocide of 6 million Jews by the Nazis back then.

In all manners of respect, the world recognizes that such a thing happened. I don't know whether it did or not. But what matters in the movie is that the students relate to it individually because it calls out for solidarity in a time of violence and epic warfare between minorities of different races and colors when they should unified by what their goals are in the not-so-distant future.

I simply loved the movie because I believe it delivers a message to everyone out there and I would recommend it to everyone, especially families. Even though it carries themes of violence, it's the ending that matters.

Believe me, you will never regret getting this movie.

Personally, I am going to get the book that this book is based on. If you're interested, it's by Erin Gruwell.

You can also view the movie's trailer on YouTube, here.

3 comments:

Meticulousness said...

You're welcome mate, If you'd like me to post your movie review and back it up with a link to your blog then it'd be more than glad to do so.

A luminous review to a brilliant movie!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Thanks Metic.

Appreciate all the effort you're putting in to this nice project of yours.

Meticulousness said...

You're welcome comrade!

You may submit any further movie reviews through my Gmail which is located at the bottom of the site.

Here's a
link
to the updated page.