Friday, May 26, 2006

everyday is a new challenge

the first few weeks of my new job were an easy breeze because i was still new to my new workplace and i always thought that this was normal and i had this idea in my head that this was not the way the work would be for so long that i was still in the eye of the storm and one day i would feel the superdome off of me..

and i was right...

so now i work a job that deals in being there from 8 in the morning to 7 in the evening for every single day except for thursdays that are a half day and fridays that are an official holiday

i remembered Muscati's blog about having equality in the terms of holidays between the private and government sector and i so feel for it now...it is SO demanding..i swear

the kind of job i deal with has a policy of throwing me in the deep end and asking me to swim whether i know how to or not

but i am glad because its a job that i do very greatly and i am happy with it and so far no complications whatsoever just some very minor ones..

never mind the pay, never mind the pressure that i take in every single day its the meaning of having to do something that's actually not counter productive in your life, to feel you are a productive individual of this life you're living and not an ailing virus that feeds on the host system..

i am not saying that there aren't times i wish i wasn't there...but in an overall perspective, its the challenge that keeps me there

3 comments:

Jassim said...

Someone said that the nationalization of the khaleeji work forces will never work before we are all to lazy... well except me.

I am a project manager and my hours are from 9-4..officially. Ya3ny of course because i am the boss, work never stops even when I am at home :-(

Anonymous said...

Its really good to hear/read that you're enjoying work!
I really am happy for you, that you finally got one..
Nothing is more satisfying than leaving home in the morning to a challenging job that you enjoy. Yeah..whatever, every and any job comes with its ups and downs, stessful days and relaxed-please-time-pass-by! days..but as long as you go home feeling good about yourself and what youve accomplished..is a feeling above all :o)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

jassim: you said it...

and who is that fool who said that ...show him what the GCC countries and their youth are doing now (besides the setbacks of nationalism) and shout: IN YOUR FACE ;P

anonymous: thanks..although i don't usually answer to anonymous...but on my blog it's ok but it's not applicable on www.secretarabian.blogspot.com - to me at least..

sorry a little sidestep there...

but thanks again!