Friday, August 11, 2006

Dubai: the city that never sleeps

So I am off to Dubai this Sunday Inshallah for a week's long vactaion. It'll be a visit like no other because I haven't to that city in ages and I am probably going to be googling at everything around me by the time I get into a taxi since there has been tremendous building and construction of highrisers there.

I am also hoping to meet up with a few friends in the Emirates if there is some time. And probably get the newest high-tech gadgets (yes I am a gadget freak too!), all the new music albums, movies and styles of fashion..

I'm hoping it will be a great time and hopefully I will be able to visit some of the new places in the Emirate inshallah..

4 comments:

3anooda said...

Suggestions of places to go:
1)Zaatar w Zait on shari3 Sheikh Zayid - a 24 hour fatayer shop that has a rush hour of 3 to 4 am 2) Starbucks Mercato - the best ambience (BUT muqa6a3a so I dont recomment it anymore) Shu Fee Ma Fee - A Morrocan restaurant in Madinat Jumeirah - try the chicken bastilla
3)Lipton T-Junction in Bur Juman - the best place ever, my favourite chill out place in Dubai. a bit sneaky to find but so bright and refreshing.

Arab Lady said...

well well

yalla hope to enjoy....dont forget to bring ur camera.......have fun..i'm sure u will like the city

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Have a safe and fun trip!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

3anooda; ArabLady; Shaykhspeara Sha'ira:

Thank you ladies.. but as you can all see I missed that opportunity when I was hospitalized.

But hope still lies..

:o)