Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Fate's Card

I had so much to say to you. I thought you were the one that would pull me through. I thought I was going to live my life along with you. I saved my heart. I held back whatever lust. I locked the door on the way out. I even mesmerized over how we would talk.

I thought we would smile. Have a tea. And just chat. I thought we would cry over having laughed so hard. Over tears that we hold in our hearts. Over love that slowly ignited itself in the dark.

I was going to smile and make you smile with me. I was going to laugh, giggle and glee. I was going to make you laugh so hard. I was going to cherish that night till the hour that would set us apart. I was going to sell my soul for another minute just with you. I was going to kill myself if I ended up being without you.

You sat down and looked at me with those brown hazel eyes. Your hair dangled up inside your veil, your smile - on your face - would leave a trail. And everytime you talked, your eyes would spark. Like the twinkling of a star that is so far apart.

You took your drink. You wouldn't even look this way.

I sat down trying to think of what I should do or even say.

I couldn't move, mutter, or even begin to think.

And as my time got wasted; you stood up..

.. And went away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are still more cards that you haven't seen yet... probably the ones that are spared are much better than this card ;)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I really hope so, with all the feelings I have left in my heart