Saturday, January 13, 2007

regret

Most of the people I encounter are the type that have no regrets based on the fact that if they did have any they would actually not be the person they are today. While that is true, it is also true that no matter how you may think of it there is always something in your life that makes you cringe in with that sense of fear - the fear that it could happen again.

I have had my share of regrets in my life and I admit that I would take the chance to go back in time and change what had happened; even if I didn't have the knowledge that it would happen onwards in the time-line of life.

I regret that at some point in life that I degraded myself from a human being to the purity that an animal has with it's basic instinct. Look at it at this way; God gave us our minds to help guide us in differentiating between what's right and wrong. And having to degrade ourselves and walking into the trap with the knowledge that this is wrong is like a smoker smoking away despite all the warning signs from medical institutions, or small font writings on billboards, cinemas and ciggarette packets - ignorance.

I would go back and change that about me if it was ever possible. Unfortunately, though, it isn't.

Therefore, I have to live now with that knowledge by bearing it mind and not making the same mistake again and thinking more wisely if not more on a more broader perspective.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every person has their own regrets, some just show it to others,,,

Smoking is a sin that cant leave you till you personaly through it away from you,, talking about that you gona stop will not help you stop smoking but taking that action will help...

Anonymous said...

we decide.. we act.. we regret.. we are more determined to fix our problems..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Red Dragon:

smoking was just an example to demonstrate what i meant

Anonymous:

maybe so - but then why do we do go from one stage to the other in order to be more determined?

can't we just skip that all to be better at what we do?

Anonymous said...

i have regrets.

and like you said, yes they made me the man i am today, but i wish i didnt have to go through all that.

i try not to think about it too much.

having regrets i think is healthy. Youre growing, youre learning, youre wiser..more cautious

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Anonymous:

I wish it were that easy

Anonymous said...

can't we just skip that all ?

some people say that you will always regret a decision because deeep inside you u might think that there is always a better solution..

sometimes we just make quick decisions.. stupid as they may seem.. but we regret them awfully..
forever..

if you were wise and hesitant.. you might not have many regrets..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Anonymous:

Yet I would be in a better position in my life