Sunday, January 21, 2007

the illusionist


The Illusionist is a movie that is very worthy of seeing and very comparable to The Thomas Crown Affair in some sense.

This is my personal opinion.

The Illusionist is a movie that revolves around the story of a magician and who when confronted by reality literally tries to bend the laws by crossing red-tape boundaries back in old time Vienna when he meets his long lost childhood sweetheart and finds out that she is to be wed to a royal figure of whom she doesn't love at all.

The story goes on from there on to show his attempt in trying to conspire for their great escape only along the story something awful happens. Only things aren't always what they seem. An eye for detail is the keyword while you watch this movie.

A great and provacitive story, nonetheless.

-----

Links:

- The Illusionist - Official Movie Site

- Movie trailer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that movie. Very good choice for those who enjoy non violent non bloody scenes with classical characters.
I agree, worth watching :)

A

Sleepless In Muscat said...

A:

Classical characters?

Amna_a said...

The movie was ok, I guess. The ending was a bit too far fetched for me..

The Prestige is a better movie though, if you liked the Illusionist I would highly recommend the Presitge!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

moviemania:

hi and welcome to my blog!

I actually liked the movie for it's actors' realistic performance. And none of that mumbo jumbo drama that we see in other assorted movies nowadays.

I have asked about the Prestige and I have been told it hasn't been released on DVD just yet. So I am waiting.