Thursday, January 04, 2007

a moment's weakness

Turning the day, the past, the present
Turning the thoughts, in my mind, of grievance

Look upon the shallow waters
Upon the semi dry beach
Watch the sea gulls ride through the breeze
Watch the children play around
Listen to their laughter, that hysterical sound

People smile and move on by
Grabbing, holding hands as they walk on by

The chilled air is filled should be filled with happiness, not gloom
But if that's the case, tell me why is it I can't shake the thought of you?

I want to bang my head on the wall
I want to crash the bonnet head on my car
I want to relieve myself from this anger that fills inside
I want to know why I have to be so alone, so lonely, so 'just me' - by my side

I try to think rationally but all I can do is doubt
I try to think happy thoughts but all I can ever do is joke about

Life shouldn't have to be this way
I shouldn't have to think this way, either

But a moment's whim and desire
I would probably cry in my place looking for a lonely place to retire
I would jump ship with Jack and Rose
I would avoid that iceberg, but that's not the point

An interest in the spark is what I have
An interest in not being alone is what I am trying, against, to guard

No longer will the faithful - I suppose - live a happy life of their dreams
No longer will the honest, ever be able to achieve

And the sun will set in their horizon only to say
You've gone off, and wasted your whole life all away

I wish I was never born
I wish I was nothing, not even a grain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the first part, you managed to make me feel the waters.. smell the sea.. hear the seagulls... and somewhere in the background the children dressed in red and yellow and blue where jumping and running on the beach...

"The chilled air is filled should be filled with happiness, not gloom"
Here onward, its like someone clapped and am back to reality.. although would it sound better saying "the chilled air should be filled with ... "?

a lot of frustration in the next part.. anger..
" want to crash the bonnet head on my car" should you have said "i want to crash the bonnet head OF my car? "

i loved the part you said ".. so alone, so lonely, so "just me" by my side.. alone & lonely meant differently regardless their similarity.. loved it.


You seemed to be so in an ups and down emotional state ... smile.. anger.. depressed.. trying to think positive.. failed..

---------------------------------

Go to the mirror.. you see this person staring at you? He has more potentials than you even thought he did.. he is something.. and he'll be something.. if he believed in himself..!!!


Apologies for writing such a long comment.. can't seem to resist a good piece of art :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I realize that the whole expressive point of the post had gone over my frustration in my own feelings and I can understand even more through your analysis

but look at it this way; how does one end up boosting their own confidence after losing everything that they ever believe in?