Wednesday, January 24, 2007

no more

My only wish is that when I eventually retire from life that I end up as happy as I am with my small closed circle of close friends. People who I can actually rely on to give me sound advice when I need it, who will always be there for me when I am in need of them when I am unhealthy as I would do the same for them always.

I mean, what is life all about in the end but the experience you make it out to be?

Then why not make it an enjoyable experience?

If you don't end up loving someone special in your life, then you are in love with your pack of friends and your family - people who would no matter what happens, would give up the world just to see a smile on your face.

Those are the people that matter the most.

My experience has taught me only too well that the people who car for me the most, who end up giving me the truth in my face are those who are people I can depend on, namely; my family and close friends. People who are not afraid to tell me what they think about what I do or what goes on in my mind either.

It has also been my experience that has taught me that you can never entrust strangers who drop in suddenly in your life unless you are absolutely sure about who they are in the sense of what kind of people through their personality are they.

A mistake, too often made by me.

But, not anymore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned it the hard way, Never trust people nowadays!

Anonymous said...

someone once taught me the importance of "trust & transparency"........


i learnt it the hard way too..

Sex and Dubai said...

Well if it doesn't kill you - it will only make you stronger.

Everyone of us learns trust issues the hard way. Takes years to build it and a nanosecont to shatter it.

Hope you've learned your lesson well A.

Amna_a said...

As many people have said, I have learned the hard.. The only people you can really rely on are close family.. And those good friends that have been there for you through thick and thin..

Otherwise, all those other people just vanish when you turn around for a helping hand.

That's life, a series of trials and errors..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Anonymous:

It seems that we have ALL learnt somehow our lessons in life the hard way.

dots..:

could you elaborate further on the issue of 'trust and transparency'?

S&D:

You're right about the way you put it about how to gather trust throughout the years only to have it shattered in just seconds.

I consider myself still in the learning process, though.

moviemania:

I know more than a thing or two about how 'friends' vanish into thin air when you most need them - believe you and me.