Friday, February 09, 2007

Haj


It has never been on my mind. Nor has it ever occurred once in my lifetime even when I was at a younger age.

But, out of the blue, I am thinking seriously thinking of uptaking Haj sometime around next year, inshallah. I have succumbed to the strategy of whereby I don't announce anything unless I know it is actually going to happen.

But, taking this into consideration, I will this one an exception just to see how far I am really willing to go on that spiritual journey.

The reason why it has popped into my mind is because of the mental state of a Hajj after they have finished their journey and how they feel towards the world as if they feeling everything like it was the first time; as if to be, born all over again. I remember a Hadith that talks about that very situation in the Prophet's (PBUH) own words, but won't quote it here because I don't memorize it well.

I suppose all I have to do right now is to see how far this sudden decision will take me.

-----

Links:

- Hajj - Wikipedia

4 comments:

DoTs... said...

keep praying... when u expect it the least God grants it to you..!

allah ysahilik !

Sleepless In Muscat said...

but i thought that only applies when you are looking for someone to live your life with?

:S

but, inshallah

DoTs... said...

elaborate more please for i seem to be confused.. you meant the prayer or what exactly !!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

in that exact comment, i meant when you find someone special in your life to live with until you day - the person you will one day love more than yourself

never mind :o)