Thursday, March 16, 2006

The All Seeing Eye

I read this webpage on Islam and how the author behind the site had discussed the issue of the Dajaal (the Anti-Christ) citing several Islamic Hadeeth's that were brought upon from the followers of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).

One of the key elements of the whole discussion that were surfaced was the all-seeing-eye, that is supposedly a sign of the people who will follow the Dajaal when he appears.

This had gotten me thinking, because the author had said it appeared in several places such as Cathedral colored window paintings, the US Dollar (backside), and in a secret ancient Devil worshiping society that has many followers in the United Kingdom (please, don't kill the messenger).

Up until now, you may very well ask me why am I worried if none of these are nowhere close to my hands or where I live in Oman? Well, maybe - and you may laugh at this - is because when I am always sad or depressed or in a thought provoking process, I always draw this sad eye. Does this mean that I am one of those followers of the Dajaal? Does this mean that I will enter Hell with a one way ticket?

Does anyone know how to help me out with this?

---

Links:

- Allahuakbar.net

4 comments:

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

I draw an eye as well often when I'm lost in thoughts. I don't think it is a cause for alarm, the idea of the dajjal is something a bit more symbolic than just an eye. Some have even called the tv dajjal, I mean, there are many theories, and I doubt you have been "taken over" just because you draw an eye.

Eyes are the windows of the soul and the best tool to express emotions, and hence we draw it to express an emotion within us.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Neo:

Thanks man.

I didn't think anyone followed up on tha interview at all... :)


Shaykhspeara Sha'ira:

I suppose. But it is nonetheless, thought-provoking (the webpage, that is).

Anonymous said...

Dude! No you ain't a follower of Dajjal. Unless you actually follow him. Have strong Eiman and you'll be successful against him ;).

Salam,
AquaFox

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Aquafox:

Nice to see you here, mate.

And thanks also for your support. Pretty creative site you got there, I gotta say..