Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ambition


Some people take a long time to understand what they want to become in their future. Others take no time at all in realizing their goals in life.

For me, it was the first case and sadly it took me a very long time and a lot of mishappenings to understand what it is that I must do in my life to make it a successful one.

I love music. I love to watch movies. I love to watch sitcoms and sometimes some good drama series (not a desperate housewives fan, thank you very much ;op). I also love to write, write, write about almost anything.

It started out badly and that's where the drive was given birth to evolve through poetry and free form writing about several things. Which is what helped me pass my college assigments because I had such a good grasp on the English language. Some even thought that I was originally from the West because of my fluid accent.

A lot of people thought that because I was such an avid writer that I read quite a lot. Which came as a shock because I only read a selected handful of books that would grab my attention as I insist to write from my surroundings and what I feel about what's going on in my mind and not to follow in the footsteps of my fellow writers around the globe.

I find that the world is enough to be written about and the questions that lie within a human being's soul are seldom used to debated and as such should be more frequently addressed.

A lot of my friends called me a ghost back in the college days because they rarely got to see me because I was either writing my assignments, out with other people, or just at home studying. I took that as a chance to uptake a nickname for myself, lamely labelling myself Ghosty.

I never knew what it was I wanted to do in my life when I graduated. I still had a frustation about what it is that drives me to be happy in my life. My calling card, if you will.

It took me 5 whole years just to find out that I wanted to become a writer. And it wasn't an easy process to say the least. I had gone through several episodes of failure socially, clerically, and health-wise, too. They had managed to win the battle against me, but not the war.

Now that I sit doing nothing after my last employment I look forward to my future as a writer, poet, and a true artist that - nevertheless what kind of success standard may be achieved - will become once .. world reknowned.

Why am I bring this up now, you ask?

Just to let everyone whose in this same situation know that you're not alone.

3 comments:

flamin said...

interesting. mine was a lot different though. i have always planned what i wanted to become and where i wanted to go. and often it would end up in frustration (especially when i was choosing my majors) because my parents didn't agree on allowing me to do Mass Commn. and now, after graduation, what am i doing? i am starting my own publication. i have a degree in IT which again, my parents never wanted me to do. they gave me a choice between medicine and interior designing (since my dad is into construction). but i didn't choose either because i know myself; there's no way i see myself there.

in the big picture, it's all worth it. u're destined to be someone and u will accidentally bump into it. i was a C-grade student in english but i overcame that and got published at 13. life's got its ways of taking u where u have to reach.

just be proud of urself in what u're doing :))

Sleepless In Muscat said...

MD:

I am proud of myself. It's just that sometimes you get pulled down especially by the ones who you care for the most and that just demotivates you from reaching your goal..

And as I said in my post; this was intended for those who end up thinking that they're all alone.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Ella:

thanks for the encouragement and that is just what I am going to do ..

no matter what - I am going for my goal, even if it kills me