Saturday, March 25, 2006

Realizations

There's nothing like a Friday here in Muscat to help you swing back into track, I swear.

You just at your favorite place and do nothing at all, all day, except for read, have a sip of your favorite beverage and just embrace it all in. We all need to do that every once in a while. And it's something none of us can do without. Not even the ones who are doing nothing at all. It helps grasp the momentum of things, guiding you to where the compass points North. Even though if you've had a rough week. And by rough, I mean like you've been busy that if a comet were to fall on Earth, you wouldn't even have noticed.

Then, there's the best part of this day.

That's the part where you finally realize you're doing something right all of sudden, even though things seem to be not in your favor, it just feels so .. right.

The realization of all this is that I have to terms with myself - finally - with what I have become to do, now. Which is taking everything, one day at a time.

Plans are a part of a human being's normal existence. You plan to do your grocery shopping this weekend. You plan to go visit your sister sometime during the week and see the newly born. You plan to have a nice day.

Point being: plans can always be pulled down and restructured.

So what do I do?

I let it flow.

This doesn't mean that I don't have a goal in life. On the contrary. I have a great goal in life. It's just one that'll take some extra time off of me. And I have plenty of time ahead, provided I do everything the right way.

It's not a matter of expectations. But a matter of realization through self-awareness.

At least, that's the title of the book that I am currently reading into.

Smile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Enlightenment!

Congratulations Ali - this mean old scene is full of people who take for granted just to be. To live in the moment and just TO BE!

That does not mean to not have goals and strive for things you want out of yourself and life - just to accept the moment.

I am so chuffed for you. :)))

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Andromeda:

Thanks! So am I..

Just pondering next on what to do ..lol..

it's all new to me this phase.

;o)