Thursday, March 30, 2006

In Love & Hate

In love and hate
I stand at the gate
I stand to see what my blinded eyes try to shade
I hear the whisper of the wind that blows in my face
I stand still, only to wait

You captured me by your smile
When I see you I feel my life is so much more worthwhile

But it is when you turn away to a corner, slate
That I feel you don't share mutual feelings, but rather, hate
Is there really so much difference between yesterday and today?

I walk past the wall of unwritten truth
Of where it speaks of people who died in their solitude
Where hearts wondered the streets of love
Where agony once lived and caused mind blocks
Was there really any truth between yesterday and today?

I search the streets for the passage of the roamed
Where people fathomed about questions that clutched their very souls
Where haunting demons of the past
Come into the present to deliver what must be delivered and fast
Was there really any truth between yesterday and today?

True to the unknown, I try to be
Of where darkness overpowers light and signals greed
Of where harmony used to be pledged in my very soul unseen
And I try to think of things that help me live in peace
Yet you knowingly cause me pain and agony

Tell me
Was there really any truth between yesterday and today?

1 comments:

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I guess I got carried away with my thoughts because I had just came back from seeing Munich at the cinema, huh?

lol

;o)

cheers, anyhow!