Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The boundaries of freedom

Let me be very clear about what I am going to say here. I am very much in support of freedom and the right to express freely as long as it does not offend another's culture nor relegion or society/community. That being said, this does not mean that we, as citizens of our country, should tolerate the misbehavings of foreignors here or their defyness to local laws.

And now; on with the post..

I saw what I would have thought I would not see anywhere in any other Muslim country in the world - a couple kissing in public in broad daylight. I have nothing against the couple kissing but in public? If they really did want to enjoy each other's lucious lips then they could have respected the country, it's culture, it's relegion, and it's people by doing it within the privacy of their own home.

The point that I am trying to make here is if we as Muslims in our country let these 'simple things' go on freely without reaction from authorities then whose to say that further into our future we won't say anything about a couple having sex in the middle of nowhere in daylight in public? If we shut up about the small things and do nothing about them now they'll only build up more and more to a point whereby we cannot contain what goes on and it turns out of control.

This is seeing it from a logical point of view and not relegious. Just so that I point this out before anyone starts to lash at me for intrusion into private affairs. Which, reminds me, if they were private affairs, shouldn't have they been doing it in their own private quarters?

It's sad to see two grown ups do this in a country that has allowed them, neigh, trusted them to respect it's laws, culture and relegion.

Such a shame.

Such a shame..

0 comments: