Friday, March 17, 2006

James Blunt

Most of you must have heard about this new and wonderfully talented blues singer James Blunt, from the United Kingdom.

I haven't heard any of his songs apart from a few at Starbucks and what I had seen from a video clip 'Goodbye My Lover' on a Middle Eastern music channel. To be honest, I think he's got an excellent talent for singing and putting the right rythem into the music he puts a beat to.

But this isn't what I wanted to talk about.

I wanted to talk about this small video music clip this particular artist has made that wonders about the Iraqi situation and how 'coalition forces' in that God forsaken land are working to make it 'a better place'.

The name of the music video, which is available on the internet, is called, No Bravery.

Have a look at it.

Tell me what you think about it.

----

Links:

No Bravery - James Blunt

4 comments:

nomadica said...

thanks for posting this link. the video is both incredibly moving and also difficult to watch because of the reality of the suffering that it portrays. i think blunt's voice and lyrics echo the emotion quite well.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

nomadica:

you're quite welcome. i believe that when an artist is focused on a project that has means and defies what others are hooked onto in terms of social, political or economical matters it surfaces above other oridinary artists' work.

mimi:

Long time no see. Been busy have you? :P

I have heard 'you're beautiful' (which is my favorite after no bravery) but haven't heard 'high' unfortunately. Maybe when I have time.

I think the 'no bravery' video should get more airtime than all those crappy songs that we hear these days. It gives us an idea on what is going on in other parts of the world, such as the Iraqi crisis.

muscati said...

Is this the artist's original video for the song, or have the people behind the Huffington Report blog make this video and set it to the song?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Muscat:

I really have no idea