Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Child Inside Me

Mind the headache
The steps that I try to take
The wind that slaps in my face
I try to turn away
Yet I am lured into the game

Passive sense of love
The lies, the deciet, the mistrust
The path of the woods that grow dark and get you lost
Wind's in my face, your voice, I hear you not
The vigilant craft of the mind
The feelings I aim to hide
I take aim
I play the game
I keep focused
I stay the same

Now all alone
What do you do?
Face the facts
I am told
You will never get what you want if you stay that way
Learn to stay behind in the line so you don't experience pain

So now I tell myself
That I am no longer myself
I no longer care for the world and what everyone thinks
I start to move on, I get a pull, tugged on
And this child inside of me looks at me with these innocent eyes
He's crying
He's sad
He's asking
'What about me? When would everyone understand?'

I have no answer for the child
I move on, lifeless onwards with time

0 comments: