Friday, March 03, 2006

Omanis think 'civilization' is a new fish dish

Apparently, Omanis are not civilized enough, which is very unfortunate..

If I remember correctly, if you're a smoker (forgetting that I hate the mere smell of smoked up ciggarrettes), then it is considered quite civil of you that you should ask the people around you if they would mind that you light up your ciggarrette. Omanis don't have this feature installed with them. Maybe they'll get that with the upgrade of Brain 1.1.

Omanis have not seen movies, or ladies their entire lifetime. They consider both to be a rare moment and to cherish it they must either clap, whistle like in ungentleman like manner, or perhaps even make the loudmouth gesture to do something inappropriate whether it was in a closed theatre or in a public place like a coffeeshop. I mean, if they're here; then who's running Hell?

It doesn't seem that future generations will be getting any better with all the efforts being made to make their time something worth waiting for. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe by the time they get older and show some responsible behavior (inside and outside of their households) then they do deserve what they have coming their way. But right now they have little to show for it.

7 comments:

Sleepless In Muscat said...

mimi: Yes, I am.

But I don't smoke; and if I did I would be more civilized if I was going to smoke in a public place with lots of people around me. And I wouldn't have the childish behavior that these Omanis have like whistling at women the way you do or shouting in the middle of a movie to an actor (who will never hear them) to 'do it!'..

. said...

I think you are generalising. beside "Define Uncivlized or Civilized"

Salam--[x]

Sleepless In Muscat said...

x: maybe I am generalizing in the sense of calling all Omanis in that perspective..but I meant to target a specific audience of which has this type of behavior..

. said...

Well, what's happening is only a social disorder, caused by the government itself, People are led, not leading.

Salam--[x]

Sleepless In Muscat said...

x: I don't follow...what do you mean by the people are being led by this behavior? Who in the government does this? :s

. said...

People are led by Media [not by that behavior], Media Control, Social Changes and the Government should control this, but Corruption is everywhere. Society is a huge network, any tiny disorder in it and the rest will be affected psychologically to physically!...etc

Sleepless In Muscat said...

x:

I guess that sort of makes sense.

But that still doesn't explain what or how that is related to the subject at hand - I'm sorry