Friday, March 03, 2006

Zasperella

So what is the point of pursuing something that you cannot attain in your life?

Like, for instance, if you should think of getting into a long-term relationship that would lead in the end to a potential marriage suite but something along that rocky road goes horribly wrong and you end up in the corner asking yourself what you have done wrong?

What is the whole point that you should get up and try again everytime only to face the same fate all over again?

Why should you have high hopes for something that just doesn't want to work out for you at all no matter what you try of nice gestures; pushing fate forward, and having to be so nice to everyone not because you want to be but because it is in your nature?

What is the whole point?

Why should you ever stick your heart out to someone who'll only look the other way and say to you that they are just not interested and you end up having your hopes burnt up in a cloud ineverted smoke?

Why?

Why should you try?

7 comments:

Sleepless In Muscat said...

mimi:

I'm way beyond that stage now..

I don't believe that will ever happen to me anymore

But thanks for trying to cheer me up

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ... what are you doing to do? Curl up and die?!

I am sorry to sound harsh. I know its not easy but then would you really want it to be?

Its all part of life, its what we are here for. To find someone to share life with, to experience it together, the good and the bad.

I think women find it easier to dust themselves off, pick themselves up and keep going. If a relationship does not work out its just meant to be. You are destined for someone far better and who will love you just for who you are. I guess we are back to faith again huh?!

Hope i have helped. Thought i would leave you with a couple of quotes, they always seem to hit the right spot! :


'It is better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all' (Samuel Butler)

'Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself have any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair' (William Blake)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Adromeda: how is it that women find it easier to brush off their bad experience and go on with their lives?

I don't understand..

And you wouldn't have said that if you knew that I had tried several times in an attempt to be successful..

;o)

Anonymous said...

Ali:

I did not mean to offend you, I am sorry if i did.

If we only knew the differences between men and women .... not everyone is the same, some men do find it easy to brush themselves off and move on and likewise some women do find it difficult to do exactly that.

It took me nearly all my adult life to find someone i wanted to be with. Yes it became frustrating, hurtful and made me question about who i was and whether failed relationships were all down to something wrong with me.

That was my own insecurities. Everyone has them - is it not how you walk through the fire that matters?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Andromeda:

no offence taken whatsoever..

I understood what point you were trying to make but I was merely making mine (my point of view, that is)..

and you are right - somehow we only appreciate the highs when go through the lows..

i guess it's just a matter of time - i just hope i will live through it lest i do something terribly bad to myself from shere despair

Anonymous said...

My mum back in Blighty has a good saying: You do not appreciate the sunshine,unless you have some rain!

Naturally, just make sure you do not drown! I am not being flippant, or making light of how you feel just trying to let you know that there are people who can help and you are not alone.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Andromeda:

I do know that I am not alone in this...

but it's the matter of being alone that I can't deal with