Friday, September 22, 2006

Barriers: Physical or Mental?

Many people choose to have their lives around a certain design that they feel accustomed and much more comfortable to. Like for instance, you have people that feel they don't need to go out a lot to have a change of routine in their every day cycle of day and night. Others feel the need to move around and keep on going around just to feel that they are alive and actually doing something.

I am one of those people.

I can't sit in one place doing nothing at all unless I am put down by one obvious reason or another. And if I can't find something to do then it's off to the streets in the car and listening to music that I have in the stereo system, which sometimes soothes the tension in having nothing to do for about half an hour until something comes into mind.

But just how much can one bare to do of the same old routine over and over again over a certain period in time? How many times can I actually say to myself that there is something new to be done nowadays - especially with Ramadhan just around the bend?

It's times like these that I one is pushed to innovate in their skillful way.

I am not saying it's easy - Hell, no.

It's more like an brain-shrinking process that is carried out over and over again in order to come up with something new to get yourself through the day. Even when you're in my position.
I had thought about this topic just last night before going to sleep and its stuck like glue to me until this very moment. The topic of where everything you have tried just seems to backfire in your face. Even with all the optimism in the world, there's that big barrier that stops you from going further and you're trying to go over it but it's just too tall or that's how you percieve it.

I'm not feeling bad or anything, but it's just something to think about.

4 comments:

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

Sounds interesting.
More importantly, Im glad your doing well.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Per Your Request:

Thank you.

It's been a long time you've been here, hope all's well with you.

When you say 'Sounds interesting'; could you elaborate further on what you're referring to, as I am at lost here.

My apologies.

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

My apologies. That was suppose to be posted as a comment on the last post, arabia calling.
Lack of coffee this morning.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Per Your Request:

That's quite fine. I can understand the need for a morning coffee as opposed to my need for a refreshing cup of tea while surfing..

Cheers..