Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thoughtful Expression

Things are either getting better by the day or somehow some weird transformation is happening within me. For the life of me I have no idea what's going on but I do know that I am absolutely loving the feeling. It's intoxicating, I swear. And I don't know why. Maybe because I was lashed up in a confinement of gloom. Or maybe my psychological state was away on holiday and finally noticed the mess it left me in.

Either that or Jack and Rose jumped ship and survived the iceberg.

I mean, everything I see around me is just so bad. But I am so carefree. I am laughing so much that my jaws are aching. I am smiling to the point people would refer to me as The Joker.

The roads are a miserable mess in our area because of the current expansion projects that cocurrently happening and somehow the entire population of the Sultanate has found it's way to the service roads that leads to our place and it's mind boggling to see this amount of cars in that congested an area that you just laugh your head off just looking at it.

What else is there to be talking about but the hot weather, the projects, the upcoming Ramadhan period which no one is taking into serious consideration I think this year because it just seems like it has become like another western commercialized business period where there are so many offers that you're wallet is just drooling your pants so wet begging to come out of your pocket for new car models, midnight tent feasts, big store discounts, drama TV, and absolutely nothing to do with what it is all about: fasting - in all manners that it holds. I mean, imagine seeing in the middle of the night watching a man stuff his belly with a big platter of kabab, salads, and enough tea to make the Gulf of Oman turn brown. Is that what it's all about?

I'd still laugh at that, though. Because as much as it depressing it's actually funny to see a person put themself through such misery - physically.

Oh, well. I have no complaints myself during Ramadhan. Except for one that I was intending to fast this year had it not been for what happened in the past few days.

You win some, you lose some.

In my case, I would think it's a win-win situation.

Does this post make any sense at all to you people? ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to say hello from england.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Welcome to my blog Rolly..

nice to have met you here ...