Friday, September 22, 2006

This Is What I Choose


Little children cry
Old people die
Youngsters are forced into the army for a reason they know not why

The world has become black when it should be semi-pink
Feelings no longer bring you up; but instead make you sink
Depression is caused by nations fighting for nothing
And now the generation is paying through their nose, when will it all stop - won't you tell me?

Tell me
Will there ever be a time when we will smile again?
Tell me
Will there ever be a time when we share flowers instead of bombs?

I hope to see the sun shine one day
I hope to see the smile on a child's face
I hope to live to see the greenery on the land that we now disgrace
I hope to see the day that humanity will stop this insanity and break these mental chains

Lead by love
And not hate
I choose to hold on to hope
Will follow my way?

2 comments:

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Ramadan Kareem! Hope you are feeling better even if you are not able to fast just yet.

Join us at the Ramadan blog :)

http://ramadankareem.blogspot.com

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Ramadhan Kareem to you too!

And thank you for your well wishes. I will consider your invitation in due time.

Thank you for your thoughts.. and good luck on the excellent blog.. I really love it!