Tuesday, June 20, 2006

BBC calls it quits for TOTP


Top Of The Pops, that most popular British music programme is being called off the air by BBC executives with a finale by 30th July, 2006.

The show that debuted as a six episode promo for music back in 1964 is having intense competition with other 24 hour music TV channels worldwide.

I remember back in the 80's when I used to watch the show relegiously back in '86. It was my only connection to music since I was still hung up with one beat in my head - Michael Jackson. Nowadays, my colleagues call me the movie and music buff because I know so much - according to them - about the two inter-related industries.

I will really miss the show. Even though I won't be able to see it over here in Oman.

----

Source:

BBC calls time on Top of the Pops

0 comments: