Sunday, June 18, 2006

the most pathetic excuse in the world


So I finally decided to talk about my thoughts on the World Cup 2006.

Why the whole world is so obsessed with a game that's been around for centuries is beyond me. I have no love for sport. Although I have always played sports when I was young but just for fun and because I was so young.

But now, I have grown up.

I have other hobbies that I attend to. Things that benefit me mentally more than physically. True that some people may find it somewhat weird that someone such as I to not be a football fanatic less than a sports maniac, but I however think its a matter of taste, and keeness to do something that you are really into.

And football is something I am not into.

And this opinion just gets stronger by the day throughout this period because I see the whole world having fun while the rest of the globe is in poverty, hunger, thrist, and at a challenge to change the way things are going on in a way politically, socially, economically and environmentally.

In short, this whole scene makes one truly think of the saying "while the cat goes away, the mice come out to play".

-----

"you kids go on play ball while I go on and ruin the world when you don't know".

4 comments:

One Nine Seven One said...

Ali, i challenge u to go to one live football game..one live huge football game with international teams and a stadium filled to capacity and u'll change ur mind.

It doesnt matter who is playing...the atmosphere would be enough to get u excited. Trust me.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I knew I would get someone to reply to this post!

hahahaha

Yahya: I accept your challenge and by the way just because you're in an atmosphere where a big crowd is 'enjoying' a game of football it doesn't neccessarily mean you will 'enjoy' it and end up loving the game and forgetting about all the world's issues.

;o)

One Nine Seven One said...

Its about escapism, thats all. Its about enjoying life coz its just way too short.

By the way, i dont like watching football either because it is too boring, but my friend took me to the international youth championship games here in the UAE in 2003 and all I could say afterwards was 'wow'.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Yahya:

I'm sorry my friend..but that excuse still does not convince me to forget about life's realities