Friday, December 09, 2005

Auto Immune Haemoletic Anemia

That's what I have.

In case you have been wondering like the rest of the world who has been asking me what sickness it is that prevents me from being a totally normal human being. And it's not A.I.D.S., for God's sake.

Please differentiate between the two.

What I have is basically that my Auto Immune system is overactive. And is working overtime on all fields. Which means that something in my body has triggered it to start this mechanism at which state it is killing friend and foe cells within. No matter what it is.

This leads it to also destroy my own red cells thus causing my Anemia.

I have had this case now for more than 8 years and I have learned to live with it and it's consequences. And up until now, everything is just going, well, let's just say that all is well.

But when I do end up sick, I throw up continously, lose weight rapidly, get high tempreture fevers (sometimes up to 40.5 celcius), lose of appetite, jaundice and lastly, fatigue.

None of those symptoms have visited me in the last 4 months, thank God. And I hope that this would be a permanent state - the one I live in, now.

There's no need or cause for alarm; what I have is not contagious nor can it contracted in any way whatsoever. Not even genetically.

If you'd like more information on this case, just ask me.

But don't come up to me and say that I have A.I.D.S. Because I don't.

4 comments:

One Nine Seven One said...

God will award you for your patience.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

That's what I keep getting told, nomaadic - thank you for you well-wishes

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Thank you Jawaher for your strong support - but that's not what I meant by this post..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Jawaher: Thank you. But what for?