Tuesday, August 30, 2005

God's great sense of humor

You wanna know something new?


I found out quite lately something unique about maybe two days ago.

I found that: God has a great sense of humor. Never leaves you alone for one second no matter what situation you’re in. And it’s great to know such a thing.

For instance, as I was in Malaysia during my stroll in the malls I was trying to avoid as much as I could seeing people in couples; be it people with children, teenagers holding hands, or anything related to such a thing. But wherever I went I always bumped into them. They were literally everywhere. And then it struck me. I finally realized that it was something unavoidable; predestined – more like fate. Which is something that you can’t avoid but you would have to make something out of it to become ‘destined’ – if you know what I mean.

And I just smiled. But as much as I smiled, I was quite depressed in the inside. Knowing that I have now turned 27 and still single sounded  like a big utter failure to my ears. And the point of having to keep looking was ever eating me inside out. So I had decided to stop looking – period. It just makes me so depressed that I keep on attempting to connect when the line falls dead. It’s worse than OmanTel. ;o)

And then I read a horoscope today in last week’s ‘theweek’ saying something meaningful. It basically was saying that I would end up in bitter situations throughout the coming days but if I tried to look at them from another angle then I would end up with the lighter side and things would change to the better. And mind you, I don’t believe in horoscopes (I call them ‘horror-scopes’ because they mostly mislead people to believe that there is such a thing called “luck”). And I pretty much look at this way now.

And that’s what makes this story funny. I was ‘lead’ to that decision because God wanted to show me in His own special, unique – yet, humorous – way that it’s the way I look at things and interpret them that lead me to my decisions in my life.

But it still hasn’t cured my itch for finding someone who truly believes that there lies ‘life out there’.

Only difference is that: that ‘life’ lies here on Earth – right in front of my eyes.

1 comments:

Paulo said...

That's a great story.. In times like that I just try as much as possible to think about other stuff or to accept it and go on as I normally would.
Don't think of being alone at 27 as a failure.. why is it a failure?! Because you see everyone around with someone else?! That's no reason, perhaps you just haven't found That Person, The One or someone who gets close to it.. that's it and I'm not talking nonsense, I don't have anyone either, not a relation at least, so I also know what's that feeling despite I'm not 27.
What I want to say is: Go out there and try to find that person!
If you want check out my blog
http://allnothingseeingeye.blogspot.com
Kisses