Sunday, August 28, 2005

What is love?

It's getting harder to live day by day
The loneliness I invite in
The path I take with it
Leaves me wondering at bay

I shuffle my life
Only to see
The holliness that others hold
To what romance is to me

Gazing at the stars
Only to finally recognize
That love is just an obsession
Made up by silly dreams and lies

I find myself now at the crossroad
Between what's meant to be and what's not
And it seems to me that everything that I ever thought meant to be
Holds a grudge

Romance isn't the white rose you give to someone you love
Nor is it the words that your heart shouts out in mere silence in your love's presence
Or is it the way you look at them when you can't help it

Love is: when you miss the person for long periods of time
When all you wish from them is a 'hello'; or a 'hi'; or 'I hope you're ok, maybe we should talk sometime'
Love is: the sudden thump of your heart beating against your chest
The sudden race of your breath
The thoughts you can't hold within yourself

And oh, how the mighty have fallen
By the one and only thing they truly believed in

Its getting harder to live day by day
A flower can only be a flower
A touch can be a touch
But the love of a heart
Is a tree with no leaves
A sunset on the beach with no sun
When you wake up alone in your bed with no one to call your own

1 comments:

iamnasra said...

Great to see some poetry over here