Sunday, August 07, 2005

Today

This is a picture I took with my mobile to commemorate the death of dozens of thousands 60 years ago when the USA decided to throw an atomic bomb on the Japanese city of Hiroshima. And all for the sake of what? To end the progress of World War II?

Why do the innocent have to pay for their leaders' stupid mistakes? Why is it that man can't hold himself when he sees the power of destruction available to his two hands? Why?
The caption under this picture in the newspaper read that 60% of the American population still support the decision of using bombs against such attacks in the present or future! That's worse than having to declare George W. Bush President of the United States of America for a third term! We have the power in our hands to change the world - why not start by changing it to a better place? Is that hard?

I don't think so; the UAE for instance instead of focusing its annaul federal budget on arms development of its troops it redirects that money and reallocates it to better purposes such as education, health and the development of the country's infrastructure. Is that not a better cause? If you have the Sunday issue of the Times of Oman, that's where you'll find that picture and that caption - not sure though whether there was an article behind it.

My blood boiled so much that I ferreted around for something to cheer me up and I found this:

Sorry that the picture is a bit fuzzy but that's what you get with 1.3 megapixels and Nokia phone.

I just hope our future will settle our past once and for all about such issues that people should not debate in a wild and violent manner but rather negotiate to a comprimise. And that doesn't include 'Israel'.

But it seems like I am the only one who thinks this way..

0 comments: