Sunday, August 28, 2005

Home 'Sweet' Home

So I'm back in Oman. And I felt relieved that there was a bed just waiting for me because I was so damn tired I could have fainted from not sleeping.. lol

I hadn't shaved in ages and I really did look like Papa Smurf - ha ha.

Here's a story for you though; I was going through the customs area in the airport. The policeman whispers to another fellow 'team-mate' of his that something was wrong. I had a suspicion that they were talking about my baggage as it went through the x-ray machine. And the other guy comes up to me and asks me to step to the side so he could take a look into the bags. Lol. Fine and dandy, I say.

So he points to the handheld one that had all my medication. And even I got frustrated. What's so special about this one? As I opened it - he takes out all my medication and asks me if I was sick. He he he. And I was like - should I really answer that question? loooool. I said yes. He woke up another person who was in his R.E.M stage and the guy comes over asks him 'what?' - he says 'check out that guys pills'. And I wanted to wallop him.

Anyhow. He checks out my pills and I say him that they've all been prescribed to me by SQU hospital. He checks out another two sachettes and he tells me to move on.

Another thing: whatever you do - be careful you don't have a stopover at Karachi airport. They are the worst. Simply the worst. They treated us like shit, I'm telling ya.

Oh, well. Its good to be back.. in some way.

0 comments: