Friday, August 05, 2005

Hitch


Hitch is a great movie. I had seen it once in the cinema and I got the DVD to watch it over again. Why is it that good? Because it draws my attention to a question that runs about in my mind and I am sure in anyone's mind who thinks of getting involved?

The question it draws attention to is: how do I create an opportunity to eternal happiness? Not entirely in that context, but I am sure you get what I am pointing at here.

How do I approach him/her? What do I do in this/that situation? How can I avoid messing up the opportunity? Things like that..

But the real question here is what does the other mean by what it says to the other side and what is the right thing to do in that situation. For guys, it would mostly mean deciphering what a woman is really trying to say to him and what to act upon it. The reason I am taking the guy's side in this case because I generally think - and this is from my experience - that most men are straight forward and not much into the 'tug-of-love' war game that a lot of women play to get Mr. Right.

Am I wrong in my presumption? Perhaps. But, from my side of the planet, I think not.

Women are more complex like a physics book with equations and definitions gone haywire. You'd study hard for the test and then all of a sudden you find yourself in a position of where the Professor behind the test has given you extra workload to study at the last minute. In which case, the hard drive just fries up.

Guys - and again, this is from experience - on the other hand, however, have everything on a set path. Should they see a girl they are genuinely interested into, they would change their birth day, if they could just to hang on to a glitter of hope that 'Yes! I've finally gotten her attention!'. Guys don't play games, at least not this one. Guys can be dishonest, conniving, dangerous and most of all stupid but they can never ever be the playboy type (continuing the genuinely interested type).

Me, for instance, I would rather be alone than live a lie of having to be with someone I am not interested in. But that's just me.

I would have loved to be a guy like Hitch. Seriously. He has all what it takes. The looks; the 'jazz'; the moves; and the behavior of a man who knows what he wants and how to get it.

I'm gonna be 27 this August 25th. Much ado about nothing, I guess. Huh?

2 comments:

Noors said...

Not all men are straight forward, a lot would go around playing games to get the girls attention.

Yes, girls are complex, but all they want is for the guy to be honest. They don't play games to get a guys attention, they might try and show them that they are interested, but in a lot of cases the guys just lose because they just approach their girls in the wrong way, or simply, the girl isn't really interested, so
again, it doesn't work.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

maybe so, Noors..

But the fact still remains that women tend to make it difficult for men to get into a relationship with them, right?

sometimes its for the right reasons which you have mentioned and other times just for the heck of it.

so how about cutting us guys some slack? ;oP