Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Only Adore Thee

He opened his eyes to her sight. He looked upon her with brightness and delight. Cracked smile. Tears in the windows of his eyes. Truth to share. The one within his heart.

Am I dreaming?
Or is this real?

If I am dreaming
Then let me not awake
If I am awake
Let me never go to sleep

His hand in hers. Tears water-falling the cheeks. A grip of love. ‘Don’t go my dear’.

If I knew that having an accident was the only way to get your attention
Then I would have done it a long ago
What difference does it make now?
I am here because I was guided by your glow

A smile. A smile so beautiful. So out of this world. Was she smiling at him? Or for him? Who knows? Who even cared at this point? The important thing is that they were together in such a long time.

I missed you so
How I was lonely without you, you might never know
I would check the winter’s breeze to hear your name
The centre of my disease; as if to your hearts please and love to gain

The night that passes upon me
The coldness of which haunts me
The idea of having to live without you
Is a thorn in my throat; a spear in my heart; for I only adore thee

0 comments: